Phya Thai Palace has gone through several changes. It started as a farm where King Chulalongkorn could relax and experiment with agriculture. Then it became a residence for Queen Siphatcharin. After her death, King Vajiravudh built a new palace for himself here. Towards the end of his reign the King consulted his younger brother (King Prajadhipok) accomplished the project on turning Phya Thai Palace to Phya Thai Palace Hotel in 1926. After the change of regime the Bangkok military medical division moved into Phya Thai Palace in 1932 in the name Phramongkutklao Hospital. Presently Phya Thai Palace becomes the museum open for the public to visit.